Las Vegas New Mexico

General Chit Chat

Moderator: hawglips

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Las Vegas New Mexico

Postby Fishh2o » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Well, it finally happened! Today we close on 722 acres south of Las Vegas 8 miles for the Las Vegas National Wildlife refuge. Yesterday we went and walked all the perimeter survey. We saw some Mule Deer, Mallards, Wigeon, Pintails, green wings, blue wings, and one canvas back in the tanks on the property. We also saw a ton of elk tracks down in the canyon bottom along with black bear. Hal I was able to find the tree the turkey are roosting in and we saw a ton of sign. I can not wait to get everything working i have some ground work to do around the one tank im going to improve and plant for ducks. Some fencing needs done along with starting the barns and stables. Damn im so happy to be getting out of Florida. We have about 3 - 5 years left in Tampa so we have some time to build the house but the duck improvements are happening first.

:D

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

These are from the NWR. . Anyway Im going out west where the winds blow tall!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

Dave in AZ

Re: Las Vegas New Mexico

Postby Dave in AZ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Holy CR*P dude, that's amazing!!!
722 acres?? I thought you were looking at 72!
I just googled all around there, looks great! I see the Gallinas river going just W of the LV Wildlife reguge. What an awesome place that looks to be! I'll be interested in reading along as you scout it out and do work on the property, really exciting for you!
Dave

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Postby Fishh2o » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks Dave, We were looking at property up on Apache Mesa a 180 acres plot and the dude said he had a 700 acres also. We looked it over and pulled the trigger. Once we have everything built and working you need to make a trip over. Our address is 720 Apache Mesa Road you can see the toad in google maps.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

hawglips

Postby hawglips » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Man, that sounds like a paradise!

Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!

Ohio_Waterfowler

Postby Ohio_Waterfowler » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Sounds like a place I would never leave and always be out hunting some kind of game.

Congratulations

FFL Dealer
Life Member NAHC
Life Member NRA

Return to “General”