20 ga duplex

Duck and Goose hunting

Moderator: hawglips

CRNA2013

20 ga duplex

Postby CRNA2013 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:14 pm

New to TSS loading. Loaded steel for a while and went to BOSS shot shells and now reloading again. Purchased some TSS from Hal and got data for the 20 ga load. Problem is I want to duplex using 1/2 oz TSS 8.5 and 1/2 oz of 2 steel. I used Hal’s recipe for 1/4 oz TSS and 3/4 oz steel in 20 ga Fiocchi new 2 3/4 hull. I substituted to 1/2oz 8.5 tss and 0.65 oz of 2 steel. Several questions. This should be close to the same pressure and maybe drops FPS? Is there any reason I should not send this load in for testing?
Thanks
Jason

Dave in AZ

Re: 20 ga duplex

Postby Dave in AZ » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 pm

I don't know Hals recipe. But subbing different amounts of shot, with a diff total payload, is pretty much a crap shoot. If you kept total the same but increased tss fraction, pressure would go down. Increasing total, who knows. Sounds close enough to send in for a test. I'd be more inclined to stick closer to a recipe before testing so I had a better idea of results, but not looking at any real datpoints for your deal, so no idea. Go for the test and report back with results, and we will all have better info! ;)

Return to “Waterfowl”