First Deer with TSS BB'S

Deer. Moose, Elk, Bear, Lions just large game.

Moderator: hawglips

Greg

First Deer with TSS BB'S

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Got my first deer with TSS the other day, doe weighing ~100 lbs. Shot her running at 30 yards or so, slight uphill angle, she was dead before she hit the ground. When I skinned her found 12 pellets in the skin opposite side and a few more holes in the ribs that were complete pass through. Another 10 or so pellets that hit neck, legs, and behind the ribs were complete pass throughs also. The holes created are pretty small making 100% count nearly impossible. I hope to get a couple more before the season is up. Load was a 20 ga 2 3/4 1.125oz at 1300ish.

caniborrowsomeammo

Re: First Deer with TSS BB'S

Postby caniborrowsomeammo » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:22 pm

Congratulations!
I have never shot a deer with a shotgun, how much bloodshot meat do you get with BB shot or any shot for that matter? I imagine much less than a bullet??
Just curious as can only use slugs if using a shotgun here I believe.

Greg

Re: First Deer with TSS BB'S

Postby Greg » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:12 am

Buckshot doesn't tend to leave near as much blood shot meat vs a rifle. Pellets that hit bone be it 00 or BB do much more damage to meat. I have shot many deer over the years using 00 buck with mixed results. A couple years ago I started using hevi 00 buck and found that deer didn't seem to run as far if at all. And now I'm using BB tss but don't have enough deer killed to get an accurate idea of lethality, but density sure seems to be the most important factor. Just a side note, Deer shot with any kind of buckshot bleed very little externally if at all.

Return to “Large Game”