New Shotgun

Open discussion on all things 12 Gauge.

Moderator: hawglips

UPEgger

New Shotgun

Postby UPEgger » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Good news....for me at least. I picked up my Beretta A400 Xtreme PLUS Timber DRT 12 ga shotgun today. This will be my predator shotgun from now on. I am retiring my faithful Browning Gold 10ga. It has worked wonderfully for a couple of decades. With TSS I can go with smaller gauges and smaller shot charges.... and STILL have the same deadliness. Plus, it is 3 lbs lighter, a factor now that I am a little older.

Carl L.
White Pine, MI.

UPEgger

Re: New Shotgun

Postby UPEgger » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Well, I have had to rethink retiring the Browning 10ga Gold semi-auto. Turns out that extra 3 pounds of weight is a REAL help in recoil reduction. Sure glad I did not breakdown my 70 rounds of 2oz of #2TSS, or my 40 rounds of 2oz of #4TSS.

The sad part is that I got so involved in duck hunting that I did not get out but one afternoon for coyotes. That was late in the year and did not get any "takers". Oh well, I am finding that duck hunting is more fun.

Carl L.

Bcturkeynut

Re: New Shotgun

Postby Bcturkeynut » Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 am

Does your A400 have the Kick-Off system on it? Mine does and it might just be physiological, but really seems to make a big difference to me when shooting heavy loads.

Return to “12 Gauge”