Roll Crimper

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

TCKev

Roll Crimper

Postby TCKev » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Looking to buy my first Roll Crimper. Who makes the best?
Precision Reloading
Ballistic Produducts
GAEP

fnsup

Re: Roll Crimper

Postby fnsup » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 pm

I’ve been happy with the ones I purchased from ballistic products... I use their original version for 20 gauge shells and their double pin version for 12 gauge shells which produce really nice crimps if you cut your hull at right length. https://www.ballisticproducts.com/mobil ... /ROLL12EX/

Dave in AZ

Postby Dave in AZ » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:55 am

I have one from BPI and also Precision. I like the Precision ones better, though both work. The precision has more nubs inside the die, seems to work smoother with less pressure.

GAEP are probably the best, but are like $100 vs. $24 from Precision. Also it can be hard to figure out what you're buying from GAEP, an RTO die or a crimp finish die.

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Postby Fishh2o » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:33 pm

I love my GAPE RTO. I have tested all 3 and by far i like the gape.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

Dave in AZ

Postby Dave in AZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Fishh2o wrote:I love my GAPE RTO. I have tested all 3 and by far i like the gape.

LOL... hey you better be careful about how you spell that! I just typed in "gape" to see if I could find a price, and you'd be shocked at what comes up LOL. That is NOT the kind of hole closure I was thinking of...

manchap

Postby manchap » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am

Gaep No 2 for semi autos or pump action

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Postby Fishh2o » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Dave in AZ wrote:
Fishh2o wrote:I love my GAPE RTO. I have tested all 3 and by far i like the gape.

LOL... hey you better be careful about how you spell that! I just typed in "gape" to see if I could find a price, and you'd be shocked at what comes up LOL. That is NOT the kind of hole closure I was thinking of...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . Yeah i can get you in some trouble ;-)

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

bullet225ho

Postby bullet225ho » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:03 pm

Now that's funny right there.

I have the Precision in 28 and .410 It seems to perform well for me once warmed up.

I've never tried the GAEP but from all the reviews.....may as well just shoot for it as I haven't heard any body that was not pleased.

Dave, That search will get you in trouble for sure. Kinda wish i didn't see that post....Tuff getting a long lost memory out of my head...1993....Kirtland AFB dorm...Blonde....I'll stop there.

Erle

Postby Erle » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Yeah, Charles in Italy will fix you up. I've used them all & they all will work, but if you want a rounded shell end & a smaller, neater looking crimp, get the G.A.E.P. You want the OTP model for plastic shell, roll crimp.

While you're ordering & if you plan to use a drill press, order the "Controbobobina Conic". I mounted mine on a wooden block & bolted it to drill press base plate. It will hold shells stationary for roll crimping & will secure .410 through 12 gauge.

I also got the "Camicia" which fits around the crimper & guides the hull perfectly into the crimper.

One other thing! His Shell Trimmer is the quickest & neatest way to trim a shell, & with little effort. Since I roll crimp all my TSS loads, I trim just a little off of every new hull to make sure they will feed in my guns. I keep my GAEP Trimmer, with the drill screw adapter, in a cordless drill on my bench & it quickly trims each hull in about 2 seconds.

Erle

Return to “TSS”