New guy from Bama

Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: hawglips

Greg

New guy from Bama

Postby Greg » Fri May 31, 2019 7:32 am

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around for a while finally created an account. I'm from North East Alabama. I hunt turkeys geese ducks and deer in that order. I have spent the past couple years hunting with a 10 gauge but decided to try out this tss craze and hunt with a 20. I already ordered three pounds of shot from hawglips and have started experimenting with different loads. Thanks for all the great information you guys put on here.

paulinkansas

Re: New guy from Bama

Postby paulinkansas » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:27 pm

I just shoot 12 gauge, but some of my philosophy could apply to a 20. I take a published steel load for something 1.125 oz of steel, but sub a 1.0 oz wad of the same style and duplex the TSS and steel shot. It takes up the same volume as 1.0 oz of straight steel but it has the payload and powder for a 1.125 oz load. I'm not sure what all choices of wads you have in a 20, but I've been pleased with the wads I buy from Precision Reloading. Oh, the recipes from Ballistic Products, take them with a grain of salt. Quite a few grains of salt. Actually, be kind of skeptical.

Greg

Re: New guy from Bama

Postby Greg » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:16 pm

That makes sense. I really haven't done much experimenting with loads just yet. Just to a couple hawglips sent me and varying the shot sizes and placement to get the desired effect. Haven't been reloading long still kinda afraid to do anything not published. I am currently working on a shot trap so pattering isn't quit as tough on the wallet. Once I get that built I should be able to tinker a little more.

Return to “Introductions”